Monday, March 22, 2010

8 going on 9

DSC_0757 copy1

Our youngest is soon to turn nine on the tenth of April. Born day after my birthday, and born on my dads birthday. The sweet, beautiful boy who almost wasn’t. This one is a great gift straight from God.

He would like something with a motor on it for his birthday. He is not expecting such a thing though because he knows it scares the spit clean out of me. And he is a momma pleaser so he does not ask for one, though he has asked for something like a little razor scooter thing that goes at a snails pace…

Me trying to not be a total party pooper, though he is not aware of it…his daddy right this minute is out looking a “his size” 4-wheeler for him. Yep it still scares the spit right out of me, but Jimmy just called me and told me he found one that has the screw in it for setting the speed, so he can still move at a snails pace!! LOL

We have a big ol’ pasture  that would make a great spot for the boys to ride. Boys…which would mean when the other has his birthday in May  he is gona have to have one too!! (There goes the rest of my spit!!) Is there a medic in the house!!???

 

DSCF0116

(Bailey showing his wheels off to his cousin)

He once had something with a motor on it…which is were it all started. We had gotten him one of those Big Wheel 4-wheelers ages ago for his 3rd birthday. And it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!! He has rode that thing up until just this winter when it has finally met its doom.

I personally  thought about chasing the trash truck down the road as he carried away the little sad, one wheel hangin’ off, the plastic battery operated 4-wheeler….that one early cold spring almost made me go swimming in our very deep and cold pond to retrieve it as Bailey sat on the edge of the levy screaming as his 4-wheeler floated across the pond!! Yes I said floated!! Thank God for that. I really didn’t want to get in the pond to go on a rescue mission!! Thank goodness for our blustery spring days!! It sailed right to the other side of land!     Safe, with smiles all around!

No comments: