Two truck loads of mulch down in the flower beds. (one more truck load is going to be needed I do believe)
Hubby working on another one of my yard projects…priceless!
New flowerbeds in process out by the pool…hammock included :) Something is going to fill this in in the middle and there is going to be a fire pit and comfy seating going around….
4 sweet baby Bantams hanging out in a cardboard box. Waiting to get big enough to go into their chicken condo! Wanting ducks but everywhere I go they are sold out of them!! Why the sudden rush on baby ducks people geeesh!! lol
The smell of an apple cake baking in the oven this morning. And the sound of my rooster crowing, makes for a great rural setting!!
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (I used vanilla yogurt)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. butter
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix ingredients in order given (except the last 3 ingredients).
- Pour batter into a 9×13 greased pan.
- Combine last 3 ingredients to make a topping and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. It’s delicious when served warm!
- PS the vanilla yogurt totally makes this recipe!! Trust me if you got some use it!!
And on to what seems to happen every spring as the weather begins to get nicer,we love it!! but nature seems to get a little grouchy about it! We had a F3 tornado come through our little town ( 2/29/12), and praise be that our home is safe. It missed or home by about a mile away. However some families were not as fortunate. It came through about 4 in the morning..people safely asleep in their beds..or so we thought….many hurt, 1 lost their life, lots of dead farm life.